Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Application Workshop
The University of the Pacific is hosting a two hour Application Workshop for prospective students for our professional doctor of pharmacy program. Come learn about early decision applications and the strategies to prepare a competitive application. We will extensively cover the early decision process, as well as all other deadline dates.
All prospective students and their guests are welcome to attend.
- Saturday, June 17, 2017
- 10 a.m. - Noon
- Chan Family Health Sciences Learning Center, Room 115
- 757 Brookside Rd, Stockton, CA 95207
- A parking permit is not required for this event.
- Finish your degree in THREE YEARS! Students attend year round, meaning you will be available for the workforce one year earlier than if you attend a four year program.
- Our dedicated, experienced professors support students and graduates through their entire careers at Pacific. We empower students to succeed by providing access to state-of-the-art laboratories and equipment for meaningful, hands-on learning, mentoring, leadership and patient care.
- Our Doctor of Pharmacy program is nationally-accredited. This is testament to the exceptional education our students receive from our committed faculty.
- We are always advancing and adapting our programming alongside the ever-evolving healthcare industry. We continue to advance our curriculum, programs, research and community outreach initiatives to stay a step ahead of the industry landscape.
- With our Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPEs) requirement, we bridge an important gap for our students regarding practical experience. The IPPE requirements include more than 300 hours of combined experience in hospital, community and geriatric pharmacy settings and community outreach. This IPPE program allows students to apply what they are learning in the classroom and to be better prepared for advanced practice experience during their third year.
Pacific is an EARLY DECISION school!! See below for Doctor of Pharmacy Admission Information. Information will be updated in late spring for the 2018 Application Cycle!
The deadline to submit an application for the Fall 2017 entering class was December 1, 2016. The links provided on this page are designed to assist you throughout the application process. Plan to complete both the PharmCAS and the Pacific Supplemental by the deadline date in order to be considered for admission. Read the instructions carefully to assure you supply us with all required documents.
EARLY DECISION DEADLINE FOR FALL 2018 IS SEPTEMBER 5, 2017!
APPLICATION WILL OPEN IN JULY!
The Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences offers "Early Decision" (ED) status through PharmCAS. The Early Decision program is a binding option for applicants who have decided that Pacific's degree program is their first choice and they will enroll if accepted. As an Early Decision applicant to Pacific, you can apply to our pharmacy degree program. The Early Decision application deadline is September 5, 2017. In addition to completing the PharmCAS application, you must arrange for PharmCAS to receive all of your official transcripts and fee by September 5th. If your application, transcripts, or fee arrive after the deadline, PharmCAS will automatically change your file from early decision status to regular status. You must also complete your supplemental application by September 5. You may be offered early admission, denied admission, or deferred to regular applicant status. If you are offered admission as an Early Decision applicant, you are obligated to accept the offer and you will not be permitted to apply to other PharmCAS degree programs. If, however, you are denied admission as an Early Decision applicant, you may apply to other PharmCAS degree programs for an additional fee. Refer to the PharmCAS application fee schedule to determine the cost to apply to each additional program.
Please know that Early Decision status is not the same as being considered in Tier 1 review. If you would like to be considered for Tier 1, but do not wish to be considered as an Early Decision candidate, please DO NOT APPLY as an Early Decision Candidate. If your file is complete and meets the September 6th deadline, but you did not indicate early decision status on your PharmCAS application, you will be reviewed for Tier 1 regular admission.
Please join our mailing list in order to receive information about possible admission events! Click here: Join our mailing list.
Before you begin, please do the following:
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book prior to applying to insure you do not miss pertinent e-mails from our office. Many students find their e-mail servers filter out our notifications. Adding our address to your contacts allows you to receive all of our letters in a timely manner.
- Read the Application Instructions before you submit either the PharmCAS or the Supplemental Application. The instructions will outline what we require and which documents you are required to send to PharmCAS and which documents should come directly to Pacific.
- Click and read through all links listed below and on the left hand side of the page. These pages outline the required pre-requisites, transferable courses from your school, calendar of events, how to apply, tuition and fees, financial aid, and the technical standards required to complete our program.
I am ready to apply. What should I do?
In order to apply for admission, you must complete two (2) applications which are submitted concurrently. Please do not wait for Pacific to invite you to submit the Supplemental. All students are required to do so and you will miss the deadline if it is not submitted on-time. You may submit the applications in either order. The main thing is that BOTH are submitted on or before the deadline date.
Both the PharmCAS and Supplemental Application are required for all students and must be received by December 1st in order to meet our deadline. Pacific is an early decision school and the deadline to submit for early decision is September 5, 2017. See details below under Deadline Information and please be sure to read the application instructions prior to submitting your PharmCAS and Supplemental application!
- PharmCAS Application (Deadline December 1, 2017)
- Pacific Supplemental Application (Deadline December 1, 2017) (Electronic version (which is required) is OPEN!
To begin, please use the links below to learn more about our requirements, what courses from other institutions satisfy our pre-requisites, and the steps in applying to the Pharm D. program at Pacific.
- Entering Class Statistics
- Deadline Information
- Application Instructions
- Admission / Pre-Requisite Course Requirements
- Articulation Agreements / Course Equivalencies from your institution
- Link to Supplemental Application (including required items and deadlines.)
- Link to Supplemental Application Educational Instructions (and can be used if you need to update us after you submit the supplemental application)
- Link to Supplemental Application Courses in Progress Instructions and can be used if you need to update us after you submit the supplemental application
- Link to Supplemental Application Resume Instructions(to be used if you need to update us after you submit the supplemental application)
- Link to Application Status Checker(Track when you PharmCAS application and other documents have been received! (Status checker is not available until PharmCAS Application is entered into our system.
Additional information about The Professional Pharmacy (Pharm D.) admission process is listed below.
- Tuition and Cost of Attendance Information
- Financial Aid Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Calendar of Events and Important Dates
- Joint PharmD/MBA & PharmD/PhD Application Information
- Readmit Information