Student Success Committee (SSC)
The Student Success Committee is charged to monitor indicators related to student success across the University, identify gaps where student success can and should be enhanced, and make recommendations for actions to improve various aspects of student success and student outcomes as a whole. This group will bring expertise in national best practices related to student success to inform and guide efforts throughout the organization.
- In consultation with internal and external constituencies, develop a robust definition of student success at University of the Pacific that can be measured both quantitatively and qualitatively. The definition should recognize the diverse nature of our students and academic programs.
- In collaboration with Institutional Research, collect and analyze student success data, such as information about reasons for leaving Pacific, student satisfaction, campus climate, gateway courses, retention and graduation rates, and graduate outcomes.
- Become conversant about effective practices that improve student success.
- Provide information to the University community so that it understands both Pacific's student success record and national trends and best thinking in the field.
- Identify and implement evidence-based assessment mechanisms for student success initiatives.
- Make recommendations for actions and interventions based on student success data and assessment of actions and impact to date.
- Serve as a resource to schools, the College, and leaders of student success programs as they seek to implement evidence-based actions. Review and, if necessary, revise student and alumni survey methodology to ensure validity and usefulness of data.
- Improve retention and graduation rates to meet and exceed Key Performance Indicator targets.
- Increase communication about student success findings and best practices across the University and with relevant stakeholders.
- Issue annual report on student success data, types of interventions, assessment intervention impact, and improvement of interventions based on assessment data.
The Committee Membership
The Student Success Committee will consist of:
- Associate Vice President of Planning
- Associate Vice President for Student Life/Dean of Students
- Assistant Provost of Academic Student Support & Retention
- Associate Dean of Students
- Vice Provost Enrollment Management
- Director of Institutional Research
- One representative (administrator or faculty) from each School/College, including at least one dean and associate dean