Verification- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Verification?
Verification is the process the school uses to confirm the accuracy of data reported on a student's FAFSA. At University of the Pacific this process is done online at: financialaid.pacific.edu
Why have I been selected for Verification?
Each year the U.S. Department of Education randomly selects a percentage of the University's population to complete the Verification process.
Can a parent complete the Verification process for their student?
No! The student is the account holder and recipient of the aid and, therefore, it is fraudulent for an individual other than the student to complete any verification tasks unless expressly stated otherwise in the Verification process.
How do I create a Verification account?
Students do not need to create a Verify My FAFSA account; they access it by using the following url: financialaid.pacific.edu. You will use your PacificNet ID and password to log into Verify My FAFSA. The first time you login you will be required to confirm your first name, last name, SSN and date of birth. This must be an exact match with what you reported on your FAFSA.
What is my e-sign password?
Students: Your e-sign password is a pin you must create. Please see the links on creating or resetting your e-sign pin.
- Create E-sign Pin: https://campuslogicinc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000697580-how-does-a-student-create-an-e-sign-pin-
- Reset E-sign Pin: https://campuslogicinc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000697628-how-does-a-student-reset-their-e-sign-pin-
Parents: Your e-sign pin will be the same as the password you use to sign in to the Verify My FAFSA website.
How do I make edits to the Household Form?
If you need to make edits to your Household Form, click the "fill out" button next to the Household Form to re-enter the form and change any answers. If you have already sent a request to a parent to e-sign your Household Form, you will need to cancel this request before you will be able to re-enter the Household Form. Please note: after you have made your corrections, you will need to e-sign again and also request your parent to e-sign again even if they already e-signed the original form.
How do I upload documents?
- When Verification requires you to upload a document, an "Upload" button will appear next to that task. Click the "Upload" button.
- A box will come up asking you to find the file on your computer. Open your Documents library, click on the file you want to upload and then click the "Open" button.
- A Document Preview page will come up that will show you a preview of the document you have uploaded. Check the document to be sure all text is legible and included on the page. If you are satisfied with the image, click "Use." If you are dissatisfied with the image, click "Discard." You will need to rescan a new image of the document and begin the upload process again.
- You will then be asked if you would like to add additional pages. If yes, click "Add Page(s)" and complete the above process for the additional page(s). Continue these steps until all pages are uploaded. Once the entire document is uploaded, click "No." You will then go back to the main task list. Continue to the next item on your task list.
- If at any time you need to add additional pages to an already uploaded document after you have exited from the Document Preview area, you may select the "Add Page(s)" button next to the task.
Here is a video on how to upload documents on your Mobile Device: https://campuslogicinc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000644254-uploading-documents-on-a-mobile-device
What is the difference between the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) and a Tax Return Transcript?
Depending on the information supplied in your Household Form, you may need to provide additional tax information in Verification. You have the option to provide this information by using either the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) or a Tax Return Transcript.
Both provide the same required information, however, their method of being obtained is different.
- The DRT is the easiest way to provide your tax data. It transfers tax information directly into the FAFSA from the IRS website. Within 2-3 business days of submitting the FAFSA, the information is transmitted to the school and the Verification website. Please note: taxpayers with amended tax returns cannot utilize the DRT and will have to request a IRS Tax Return Transcript.
Please note: if it is the student's tax information that is required, this process must be completed by the student logging into their FAFSA with their FSA ID. If it is a parent's tax information that is required, this process must be completed by the parent by logging into FAFSA with the parent FSA ID.
- The Tax Return Transcript is a document you must request from the IRS. You can request the transcript online at: https://irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript Be sure to request a Tax Return Transcript not an Account Transcript. The Transcript arrives 5 to 10 calendar days at the address the IRS has on file for you. After receiving the document in the mail, upload the document to your Verification task list.
Please note: if it is the student's tax information that is required, this document must be request by the student with the student's information. If it is a parent's tax information that is required, this document must be requested by the parent with the parent's information.
How do I request a Parent E-signature?
- Dependent students will be required to request that their parent e-sign the Household Form. The student must request the e-signature while logged into their own account. The task list will display a message regarding this requirement then click "Request."
- A window will appear with instructions to select a parent to send the e-signature request to. Only parents on the FAFSA will appear as options. If you have two parents listed on the FAFSA, you may choose either. You must then enter the chosen parent's email address and click "Send Request."
An email will then be sent to the parent with instructions on how to create their own account, log in, and complete this request.
The following video reviews the student process to request the signature and then the parent process to e-sign: https://campuslogicinc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000545483-student-experience-parent-e-signature
Why can't I submit my Verification?
Verification will not allow you to submit until all required tasks have been completed. When all required tasks are completed, the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page will become click-able. You can then submit your completed Verification for review by the Financial Aid Office.
What happens after I submit my completed Verification?
Upon submitting your completed Verification, a member of the Financial Aid staff will review your materials. If there are any errors to be corrected or additional information needed, you will be contacted to complete these corrections and to re-submit the form. If the Financial Aid staff considers the form complete, your financial aid package will be confirmed.